March 10, 2008

We bought a new house!

Ok, the latest in the move to PA... I took off at 6:40am last Saturday and landed in PA at 5:30pm. Long day!! Tyson did OK. Better than I expected, but still a long day. Then we had to drive two hours to get to State College. Scott has been staying in a B&B there and we assumed I would stay there as well. But by the time I got to our final destination I was so emotionally wrought I asked him to take me to a hotel and leave me there alone. I cried myself to sleep. The full impact of what we are embarking on hit me full force. I cried on and off for the first few days. However, the beauty of the area finally won me over to the possibility of it being OK. I toured the middle school, but couldn't find the front door to the high school to go in. (They are renovating!!) We looked at about 20 houses and finally settled on a very beautiful home that has been remodeled very nicely. It only has three bedrooms so we will be adding two more in the basement. It is however about half as big as we are used to. I am downsizing as we speak. A little depressing, but we got used to having alot of room here in Idaho and the houses there are just not equipped for six people. We are now counting the days until we leave. This will be the last week of school for the kids. I made reservations for me, Tarryn, Teagan, and Tyson to fly out the last Friday in March. Scott and Trevor will be driving the van out. I did however buy Tyson his own seat this time. Hope all goes well. We are excited for the new adventure in our lives, but I still feel overwhelmed and anxious. I do know however that we have been incredibly blessed to have been able to sell a home and buy a new one in such a short period of time. It is meant to be for sure. I wonder what is in store for us in Pennsyvania...

4 comments:

Kalli said...

I am so glad that you are nervous for the change! Nate just found out that he can graduate in July, and so can I. So we are now looking for work all over the country and it scares me!

rawemoments said...

It's hard to move somewhere new, but I really believe that things happen for a reason, once you settle in I'm sure you'll feel much better, it's normal to feel emotional, it's a huge thing that your family is doing. I'll keep you in my prayers.

TJ-n-Crystal said...

I am soo glad ya'll have one!!! It's such a fantastic way to stay in touch. Your children are beautiful. I cannot believe the time that has gone by.

Harries Family said...

Change is good. Everything happens for a reason and you will love the East. Welcome to HUMIDITY!!!!