April 17, 2008
We made it to Pennsylvania...
OK...where do I begin? I am sitting in my new living room in Pleasant Gap, Pennsylvania. We are settling in... slowly. It has been an interesting experience for me with this move. I am still shocked that we even did it in the first place. If I think about how far from "home" we are, I get a little depressed. But fortunately we LOVE it here. It is beautiful, will be even more beautiful once all the tree's fill in, and even more beautiful when the tree's turn all kinds of orange and red in the Fall. The town where the kids go to school is called Bellefonte. It is a really old, historic Victorian town. The churches and the old houses are amazing. One day I will live in one of those old houses right in the middle of town. (OK...maybe not. But I can dream, can't I?) I was feeling a little down the other day simply for the reason of trying to make 2700 square feet of stuff fit into a now 1800 square foot home. Not fun! But then Scott and I went to a meeting at the middle school to meet Trevor's new teacher's. It was just an amazing meeting where we were told how well he is fitting in, and how the kids have taken him under their wing... all of a sudden the size of my house simply did not matter anymore. Trevor was my main concern all along in this crazy journey. But he is thriving! He seems to be right where he belongs. Heavenly Father heard my many plea's, I begged for Trevor to fit in and become a part of this school. Gone was the safety of the elementary school and he needed to make a giant leap into Jr.high with no preparation whatsoever. Thank you to all the heavenly angels that have been accompanying him to school every day! Tarryn seems to be thriving as well. She has made many comments that this is the best move we have ever made. She will be attending her first prom Saturday. Since she is not 16 yet, just a bunch of girls are getting together and doing their hair, nails, and makeup. Having a simple dinner together, taking pictures in their formal dresses and heading out to the dance as a group. This has been a tradition here and she is so excited to be going. As for my house... small, but nice. Crowded, but cozy. Great neighborhood with lot's of kids. Beautiful backyard bordering a forest of tree's. Simple and comforting. (But I still want that big, old house!) Thanks for catching up with me. Lot's more to share, but Tyson is waking up and I need to get the little one's lunch. Teagan still wants to go back to Twin Falls, soon. Hopefully she will settle in well and like it as much as we do. So many things for families to do here. We will be taking Trevor to his birth town of Saratoga Srings, NY in June for his 13th birthday. I am taking Tarryn for a girls weekend in New York City for her 16th birthday. She also gets to go to Washington DC next week with her 10th grade class to see the historic sites there and then to Ocean City, MD for three days next month with the band. Lot's to do!! Update more later. Bye :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment