July 07, 2008

Family Vacation's...what are they good for?




Seriously...is it just my family or are all family vacations wrought with ups and downs and all arounds? Some of the drama I could have done without! We left for Saratoga Springs, NY on Thursday, June 26th for a fun filled weekend of family, fun and sun. We were going to celebrate Trevor's 13th birthday in the town where he was born. We weren't 30 minutes down the road and he was begging me to turn around and drive home..."maybe we could leave tomorrow?" he asked. Uh..no, we are going today! I took a chance on pricleine and had nonrefundable hotel reservations and we were going NOW!! So I kept driving. After 5 1/2 hours in the car we finally pulled up to our pricleine hotel and was sorely disappointed. It was so old. They advertised it as being quaint...it was just plain old. Oh well, we can deal with this. Let's just get to bed, tomorrow is a BIG day at Six Flags in Lake George. Not long after we FINALLY got everyone to sleep, Teagan sits up and burps... and then throws up filling half an ice bucket. Oh great... there goes the fun filled day at the amusement park. But lucky for us she was up and ready to go in the morning. She was bit quiet all day (which was probably a good thing), but she managed to have a good time. All I wanted to do all day long was ride the lazy river, but the minute we put our toe in the water it started to thunder and they closed down the water park. Oh well, I can deal with this. After 9 1/2 hours of an overcrowded amusement park we called it a day and went back to our "quaint" hotel. Everyone was crabby and tired. Back to bed... tomorrow is a big day driving around Saratoga Springs. Needless to say no one enjoyed driving around mine and Scott's old haunts but Scott and I. Oh well. All I wanted after two days of wining, crying, fussing, fighting, and a few good laughs was my own bed. So we started the long drive home. I did however insist on stopping at Red Robin on the way home (no matter how far out of the way it was!). It was good to get home... even if it was midnight.

1 comment:

kristi said...

Cathy,
I think you're right about family vacations. At least we're building memeories. Maybe it will be better when our kids are older. I'm glad you went to Red Robin. I love it too!